September 9, 2020 |
The Barnes Firm
Construction accidents occur on a daily basis, often with injuries that impact individuals and their families. With so many opportunities for something to go wrong on a construction site, workers must have the proper training and quality safety equipment. When a construction site employer fails to provide the necessary training and the proper safety equipment, the risk of an injury or death increases on the job site.
In nearly all instances, construction accidents are preventable. If a construction accident has impacted you or a loved one, you need an experienced legal team on your side. Each construction accident is different, so if you have questions about yours, The Barnes Firm expert injury attorneys are here to help.
Let’s look at the most common causes of construction accidents.
Common Construction Accidents
Construction accidents are among the top ten workplace sites for on the job accidents. In most cases, dangerous workplace environments are the cause of construction accidents. At most construction sites, general contractors, machinery suppliers, manufacturers, and others play a role in the safety of the workplace. Even so, the most common construction accidents are caused by:
- Falls – Trips and falls are the most common cause of construction accidents. Sadly, many of the falls – from scaffolding, off ladders or roofs, are through holes in ongoing construction projects – are fatal or cause life-changing damages like brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Electrocution – Electrocution is another common cause of construction accidents. With multiple sources of electricity, the danger of electrocution is high. Wires or malfunctioning machinery can result in fatal shocks to employees who are not properly trained or equipped for handling this danger. When not fatal, electricity can cause severe burns as well as disfigurement.
- Heavy Equipment and Machinery – Heavy equipment and machinery, such as cranes, scaffolds, forklifts, bulldozers, and more are used on many construction sites often cause accidental injury to those who are not professionally trained in their safety protocols.
- Falling Objects – Falling objects like tools and construction materials often fall from above injuring construction workers, sometimes fatally. Traumatic brain injury is among the most common construction injury caused by falling objects.
- Traffic Accidents – Traffic accidents are also common construction site injuries. In fact, being hit by a motor vehicle while working at roadside sites is the leading cause of death in the construction industry.
- Caught between Equipment or Structures – A number of fatal construction accidents occur as the result of workers being caught between failing equipment of collapsing structures.
If you or a loved one was injured as the result of a construction accident, you may be able to file a construction accident claim, which includes compensation for damages, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of wages, and loss of earning capacity.
Call on The Barnes Firm for Guidance After Your Construction Accident
The Barnes Firm’s expert personal injury attorneys are ready to help you 24/7. If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident, let the California accident lawyers guide you through the complex details to get the settlement you deserve.
Call (800) 800-0000 anytime for a FREE consultation.